Tuesday, January 1, 2013

And so 2013 Begins...

We rang in the New Year in the wild and crazy kind of way you do when you have a 9 year old... we all did a Tinkerbelle Puzzle together. We then proceeded to stuff our faces with various salty, carb laden snacks, danced to a little Pitbull in our living room and went to bed at 12:30 am. Exciting times! 
 We used to have Family Fun night for awhile when the three oldest were little. We'd play silly games, eat and then have a family slumber party in the livingroom. This continued until no one thought it was very fun to sleep on the floor or the sofa. We then started going out with friends for a few years and left the oldest to babysit the little ones. I love ringing in the new year with friends who feel like family too. But this year, the two oldest are living far away (Japan and California) and the oldest at home had plans... so here we are, just the three of us, at midnight.

I think that it's somewhat of a requirement that if you have a blog you should post about new year's goals and resolutions and so I suppose that my blog will be no different, even if it is to be accountable to myself. The past year I have debated and pondered what type of future I would like career-wise, and I'm hoping that this year brings more clarity for me. I would hope that it would lift me up and not drag me down, as I'm currently feeling. 

I want this year to be a year that I take chances and risks, which is something I don't do very often. In the risk-taking, I hope that I have an epiphany about what I should be doing with myself, instead of doing what I do because it is safe... and dependable.. and more practically- pays the bills. 

I want to read more, be outside more, visit my family more. I want to write, I want to walk on the beach for more then one week in April, I want to have friends over more often then I currently do (which is practically never-except for being poolside in summer), I want to be more in the moment with everything I do. I admit I'm usually not in the moment.. I'm usually 'half' in the moment or 3/4 in the moment because I'm thinking of a million other things. 

In the past I have always been thankful for simple things, and I want to continue.. I just want to be more aware. It is the trend these days to not choose resolutions, but to focus your intention on one word for the upcoming year. Before writing this, I was thinking I might choose 'organization" but now I have found a more important word. 

So here is to 2013- The Year of Awareness... 

No comments:

Post a Comment