Sunday, December 30, 2012

Blogging Beginnings


Okay my first blogging post. I have toyed with the idea of having a blog for a long time, mostly as a way to get back to what I love and have always loved to do, and that is to write. I really don't have grand illusions of fame with a blog and probably don't want to be that well known since I basically like my privacy. But blogging also really fascinates me, so here I sit on a snowy afternoon when I should be doing other things.. blogging.  (Should I be doing other things? Why do I always think what I am doing is not what I SHOULD be doing? )

And the title "Wannabe Cottage"? pretty much sums up a lot of things for me. As I mention in my profile.. there are many things I'd love to get better at. I"d love become a better photographer, writer, teacher, mom. There are many things personally I'd like to be..more of a risk taker, less guilty about doing things when I think I should be doing something else, more able to enjoy things without worrying about other things. 


Then there is my house.. which really wants to be a cottage.. well I want it to be a cottage. So I'm hoping that with this blog I can share that journey too. Transforming our bland 1900 house (it really doesn't have a style- I believe some Italian farmers built it in our small town and it has been changed throughout the years.. but it definitely has nothing fancy or fine about it) into a cottage is a slow process but hopefully blogging about the progress will make me appreciate this little house even more. 



So I'll share my year and we'll see how it goes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment